Ski Holidays with Dogs
For the animal lovers - your dog friendly ski holidays
Why not bring your dog along for your next ski holiday and make them part of the memories! France is a dog-friendly country and many residences allow pets in their apartments.
Some ski apartments limit the number of pets allowed per apartment to one, but Ski Collection has a great choice of multi-pet ski accommodation to select from too! Charges will be applicable depending on the fees fixed by the accommodation, and in most cases, the only rule is that dogs must be kept on a lead at all times in the residence.
Ski holidays with one dog
Below is a selection of dog-loving residences, but if you cannot see what you're looking for, or have any questions, call our friendly, dog-loving, Alpine specialists.
- Avoriaz (L'Amara, Atria Crozats, Electra)
- Flaine (Le Centaure, Les Terrasses d'Helios)
- Val Thorens (Le Haumeau du Kashmir, Chalet Altitude, Hotel Le Val Thorens)
- Les Menuires (Les Clarines, Les Alpages de Reberty)
- Courchevel (Chalets du Forum, Hôtel de la Loze)
- Meribel (Les Crets, Les Alpages, Hotel AlpenRuitor)
- Montgenevre (Le Napoleon)
- Les Arcs (Les Alpages de Chantel, Edenarc, Chalet de l'Ours)
- Peisey-Vallandry (L'Oree des Cimes, L'Oree des Neiges)
- La Plagne (Les Granges du Soleil, Sun Valley, Le Pelvoux)
- La Rosiere (Les Cimes Blanches, Le Lodge Hemera)
- Sainte-Foy (Les Fermes de Ste Foy, Le Ruitor)
- Bourg Saint-Maurice (Le Coeur d'Or)
- Tignes (Le Telemark, Le Taos, Kalinda Village)
- Val d'Isere (Eureka Val, Les Balcons de Bellevarde, Chalet le Cabrini, Hotel La Savoyarde, Hotel Avenue Lodge)
- Alpe d'Huez (l'Ours Blanc, Le Cristal de l'Alpe, Residence Daria-I Nor),
- Les Deux Alpes (Goleon Val Ecrin)
- Isola 2000 (Les Terrasses d'Isola, Les Terrasses d'Azur)
For those who have more than one dog?
Occasionally, we find a ski accommodation that allows more than one dog to travel with the family! Listed below are a few resorts and ski apartments/hotels that welcome families that are travelling with two or more dogs:
If you'd like to stay in another resort, do call us and we will be able to make some recommendations.
Last but not least, some helpful hints before you leave:
- Be sure you have the Pet Passport safe as no other documentation will be accepted. The pet must have been microchipped and had the necessary vaccinations.
- Dogs must be at least 3 months old to travel.
- Label your dog: put your Irish number and the name of your accommodation in case you lose your dog.
- Check that your dog is not a banned breed in France.
- If you have a long journey ahead: remember to give your pet a light meal before you go, and pack small few snacks! It’s always good to plan to make a few stops during the journey as well.
- Don’t forget to pack additional items with leads, beds, toilets bags etc.
Ready to enjoy a ski holiday in the French Alps with your whole family, request a quote and we will get you booked in!